Do you love apps, games and gadgets? Got a passion for technology that you want to evolve into a professional career?
Designed and delivered by leading tech industry practitioners, our software development degree immerses students in the latest programming and design concepts. It will feel like you’re working in a start-up from day one.
On April 25th we’re hosting a free practical workshop where you can code your own ChatBot in 2 hours. Read more and sign up here.
As a student on our Digital Product Development degree course you will work with professional developers and product designers to build a strong foundation in product design and software development, whilst collaborating with peers from across the college on imaginative and inspiring joint projects.
Year 1: 4 modules – all compulsory
Year 2: 6 modules – 2 compulsory and 4 optional
Year 3: 3 modules – all optional
The programme has been developed through four subject strands:
- Digital Design and User Experience (DDUX)
- Rich Interactions and Mobile Applications (RIMA)
- Platform Engineering (PE)
As a first year student you will quickly gain a solid and practical grounding, learning about the key aspects of programming, modern product and software development, development tools and digital design.
- Foundations of Programming
- Principles of Digital Business, Design and User Experience
- Introduction to Data and Databases
- Web Application Development
In year two you will continue to develop programming skills and study professional skills relevant to your industry.
- Programming 2
- Professional Skills in Digital Product Development
- Software development as a profession
- Fundamentals of system security
- Understanding data
- Authoring and communication skills
In years two and three you will be able to customise your course. Choosing from a range of optional modules, you can specialise in digital design and user experience (DDUX), developing rich interactions and mobile applications (RIMA) or platform engineering (PE). There are also opportunities to explore other new topics.
- User Needs to User Experiences
- Advanced Concepts in Design
- Advanced Topics in Design and User Experience
- Mobile Application Development – iOS /Android
- Rich Web Application Development
- Advanced Topics in Application Development
- Advanced Database Design & Implementation
- Systems for the Web and Cloud
- Advanced Topics in Systems and Architecture
- Advanced Topics in Programming
- Programming in Performance
- Creative Industry Entrepreneurship
A minimum of 2 A-level passes or the equivalent however typical offers tend to be higher. Complete information is is available here on our entry criteria.
Watch Our Course Video
- Personal, friendly environment
- Course you can customise
- Industry-leading professional tutors
- One to one support
- Small class sizes
- Study in the heart of London
- State-of-the-art facilities and resources
- Unique opportunities to collaborate with music and writing students on cutting edge digital projects and creative startups
- Lifelong friends and professional contacts
As an LCCM digital student, you will benefit from exciting opportunities both within the programme and beyond. This will include guest lectures from leading experts in the field and unique masterclass events across the college.
Work placements with leading new model companies and organisations will also be available, linking student practice directly to industry.
As a digital degree student you will quickly adopt the tools, techniques and practices used by the most successful product and technology teams today, giving you a head-start in your career.
On graduation you will be well-prepared to take an active role in startups and other fast-moving product businesses in the creative industries and beyond.
- Web developer
- Mobile app developer
- Full-stack software developer
- Product tester
- Data analyst
- Product manager
- Product designer
- User experience designer
Students interested in postgraduate study have the option to progress onto our MA in Creative Entrepreneurship. This programme offers a unique opportunity for digital graduates to further develop and bring to market more advanced business projects.
As a digital degree student at LCCM you will be taught by David Harvey and a team of specialist industry-based professionals.
The Digital Product Development degree course has been designed with student led, experimental learning at its heart.
- Tutors will introduce new ideas and concepts
- Students will work in pairs and small groups on a mixture of short challenges and larger projects reflecting industry practice
- The majority of assessments will be group projects where you will solve authentic business problems in the digital environment
Want some practical insight into the types of things we’ll cover on the course? Check out our series of Tech Tips below.