The music industry has changed. Today’s successful musicians are multi-instrumentalists who can produce their own music, manage their own projects and capitalise on their online channels. On our performance and production music degree you will create the music you want to make and establish the career you want to lead.
Year 1: 7 modules – 3 compulsory and 4 optional
Year 2: 6 modules – 2 compulsory and 4 optional
Year 3: 3 modules – 1 compulsory and 2 optional
A minimum of 2 A-level passes or the equivalent however typical offers tend to be higher. Complete information is is available here on our entry criteria.
You can also take one of these as a Second Study option.
We believe every musician needs to understand arranging, ear training, theory and and basic piano so these subjects are compulsory. We also feel you need to understand how professional careers work in the music industry and the relationship between society, culture and music.
Customise your course
- A personal, friendly environment
- A course you can customise
- One to one instrument or vocal lessons
- Workshops where you play for hours
- Small class sizes
- Form your own bands and projects
- Perform in music venues across London
- Study in the heart of creative London
- Superb facilities and resources
- Collaborate with software and writing students to create cutting edge digital projects and start-ups
- Make friends and professional contacts for life
- Masterclasses and guest speakers
- Drum and bass workshops
- Classes in ‘Sibelius’
- Time Manipulation workshop
- Drum Line
- Ensemble workshops covering Jazz, Latin, Funk
- Artist, band member, ‘session musician’, producer, songwriter, ‘top-liner’
- Composer, lyricist, arranger, musical director, programmer, sound engineer, media composer
- Music industry graduate employee
- Creative industries graduate employee
- Graduate employee
- Creative industries entrepreneur
- Education and teaching
- Postgraduate study