Have you ever had an idea that could form the basis of a new business and that you would like to see succeed at scale in the real world? Designed and delivered by a team of experienced industry-based tutors and mentors, our postgraduate creative entrepreneurship degree will extend and enhance your current knowledge and skills, giving you the edge needed to found a lean creative startup or access a promising career as a creative leader.
Just Announced: The LCCM Prize For Innovation
With the arrival of our new prize, we are offering the chance to win a place on MA Creative Entrepreneurship with the course fees waived. If you’ve got a growing creative business or a great idea for one, read more here.
Next MA Creative Entrepreneurship Open Evening: Thursday 6th July. Sign Up Here
In just 30 weeks our creative entrepreneurship master’s degree course will help you create an ‘investment-ready’ innovation, improve your creative and technical abilities, develop specialist professional knowledge, reach specific project goals and access relevant professional networks.
To achieve this, our MA programme is centred around three main strands:
- Creative Innovation for Enterprise to help you turn your best ideas into scalable business solutions, using the 3 stages of development.
- Investment Principles for Entrepreneurs to help you develop and evaluate your entrepreneurial knowledge and prepare a professional standard business plan to pitch to potential investors.
- Knowledge Generation through Professional Practice will help you develop your research and reflective practice skills, building specialist professional knowledge.
A minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience and a bachelors degree (2.2 minimum) or 4 years relevant experience and a Level 3 qualification. Complete information is is available here on our entry criteria.
- Professional Project Mentoring: You will have one-to-one support from a Project Mentor in the development of your project;
- Personal Skills Mentoring: You will have one-to-one support from a Personal Mentor who is a specialist that will help you to develop and build the new skills you need or wish to develop in order to meet your MACE goals;
- Creative, Innovation and Enterprise Community: You will have the opportunity to network with the CIE community; to experience London’s creative resources e.g. the Business and Intellectual Property Centre at the British Library and to collaborate with your peers across the college to pursue your project goals.
- Term 1: proven concept, rough proto-type with sketch-book examples, likely contributors for your project and a clear sense of direction through the current creative industries landscape
- Term 2: well-considered proposal, working prototype and best-fit strategies based on research carried out with potential contributors in a specific sector within the current creative industries
- Term 3: market-ready proto-type with a feasible business proposal, evidence of actual and future customer engagement and a critical reflective account of your research, learning and performance throughout the Creative Entrepreneurship programme.
- Personal, friendly environment
- Industry-leading professional tutors
- One to one personal and project support from a specialist mentor
- Small class sizes
- Superb facilities and resources
- Access to Creative, Innovation and Enterprise Community in one of the world’s most creative capitals
- Unique opportunities to collaborate with music, writing and technology students on cutting edge digital projects and creative startups
Having joined our MA degree course as a composer, author, songwriter, technologist, musician or entrepreneur, you will graduate with the confidence, skills and contacts needed to launch your own business or work as a leader in startups or other fast-moving companies in the creative industries and beyond.
You will learn to develop and blend your knowledge and skills in creativity, innovation and enterprise through a project-led process involving action learning, action research and reflective practice.
The course consists of collaborative workshops and independent activities designed to equip and challenge you. These include:
- One full-day group session per week (term-time);
- Up to 20 hours of individual tutorials for mentoring sessions with high-level professional mentors;
- A programme of exclusive community and networking activities.
See and hear more about what to expect on our MA Creative Entrepreneurship degree in the video below.