Terms and conditions
LCCM is a private higher education college and an approved institution of The Open University. Governance of the college is defined by:
- the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) UK Quality Code
- the OU Academic Regulations
- a Board of Directors
Refer a friend to LCCM and receive a £100 Ticketmaster voucher (subject to the Terms and Conditions below).
- Only existing LCCM students (whether undergraduate / postgraduate enrolled as full time / part time students) are entitled to refer an unlimited number of friends and benefit from this offer. This offer does not apply to any student enrolled on a short course at LCCM.
- In order to benefit from this offer, the student referring a friend must:
- Complete the ‘Refer a Friend’ application form found here; and
- Inform their advisor at the point of his / her friend(s) application / payment. Students who fail to comply with these steps will lose their ability to benefit from this offer.
- Prior to benefitting from this offer, the students being referred to LCCM must successfully complete the enrolment process at LCCM, and LCCM must have received payment from Student Finance England (SFE). This offer will not apply if the student being referred fails to successfully enrol at LCCM.
- This offer only applies to students who are referred after 1st April 2019. Any student referrals made prior to this date will not benefit from this offer.
- Only new students or new prospective students can be referred to LCCM. This offer does not apply to any individuals who have previously been in contact with LCCM via any means, i.e. they will not qualify as suitable referrals.
- LCCM students can refer the same friend only once and can benefit from this offer only after the student being referred has enrolled at LCCM and booked its first course. If the student being referred books more courses with LCCM in the future (e.g. 2nd, 3rd, 4thbooking, etc.), this offer shall not apply to the student.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including scholarships and/or bursaries.
- The bonus amount is awarded at LCCM’s sole discretion and will be transferred to the student’s bank account in due course. Please allow a maximum of 2 weeks for the transfer. The offer is not applicable to any student who applies for a refund and/or withdraws from their course at LCCM.
- Please note the offer is not transferable to another student or third party.
- Subject to your approval, LCCM may feature your interview/photo/profile/story on LCCM’s websites and/or other LCCM publications. We will always ask for your permission/approval prior to publishing this.
- The student remains bound by LCCM’s General Terms and Conditions at all times: https://lccm.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- LCCM reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time without any further liability to the student.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
LCCM Scholarship Competition.
By taking part in this competition, you acknowledge and understand that:
- all images and videos taken on the day of the audition may be used by LCCM on lccm.org.uk and other online communications; and
- if you are successful, your name, image, musical works and video content of your performances may be used by LCCM for promotional purposes.
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter this Competition, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
Entering the Competition
- The Competition will run from 11th July 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 25th August 2018 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by LCCM no later than 5pm on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and will not be considered.
- To enter the Competition you must register on Eventbrite by 5pm on the Closing Date in one of the following categories: Bass, Piano, Horns, Drums, Guitar, Voice, Songwriter/Solo Artist and audition on the day you registered for.
- By entering the Competition you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The LCCM Scholarship Competition is open to people age 18 and over who are have the right to live and study in the United Kingdom. All entrants must be a UK or EEA citizen, able, committed and willing to study music full-time for a 3 year degree in London from September 2018. The LCCM Scholarship Competition is not applicable to current LCCM students.
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the scholarship prize.
- LCCM may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. LCCM will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
- There is a limit of one entry per person. LCCM does not permit you to enter a person other than yourself into the Competition. Entries submitted on behalf of another person or joint submissions will not be accepted by LCCM and will be automatically disqualified.
- LCCM reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Competition entries cannot be returned.
- LCCM do not accept responsibility for Competition entries which are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by LCCM.
- The Competition entitles winners to a full or partial scholarship for LCCM BMus (Hons) Music Performance and Production, Cert HE Music Performance and Cert HE Creative Music Practice starting September 2018.
- Twenty winners will be chosen in total. Results will be announced within 48 hours after the completion of all auditions on LCCM social media channels.
- There will be 10 Full Scholarships and 10 Partial Scholarships for the Competition. A scholarship prize shall take the form of a full or partial tuition fee waiver as set out in paragraphs 27 and 28 below. LCCM will not be responsible for any costs incurred which are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize. The prize is for a full or partial tuition fee waiver only and any other costs over and above such full or partial tuition fee waivers (as applicable), are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
- The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry). If a winner does not respond to LCCM within 14 days of being notified by LCCM, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and LCCM shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and LCCM shall be entitled to select another winner.
- In order to claim the prize, the Winner must apply directly to LCCM by 31 Aug 2018.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- LCCM reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize if circumstances beyond LCCM's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- LCCM reserves the right to withdraw the Competition at any time. Where the Competition is withdrawn, LCCM will advise entrants of the withdrawal of the Competition via mail.
- LCCM reserves the right to amend the Competition Opening Date and/or Closing Date at any time.
Competition Prize Conditions
- All prize winners will be bound by LCCM’s standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment https://lccm.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/ .
- The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Scholarship Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on LCCM's reasonable request. LCCM and its related companies may use for an unlimited time, the winners' voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by LCCM and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice.
- LCCM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. LCCM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of LCCM for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- LCCM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of LCCM in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LCCM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The scholarship is awarded for outstanding musical talent.
- The scholarship is open to new students starting on BMus or Cert HE at LCCM in September 2019.
Full Scholarship winners will receive a 3 year waiver of fees.
- Partial scholarship winners receive a 3 year waiver of top up fees. All “scholars” must:
(a) pass each year with an average mark of not less than 60% per academic year to continue to receive their scholarship;
(b) complete their course and graduate;
(c) act as ambassadors for LCCM including but not limited to attending and where required performing at open days, performing at schools visits, conducting tours and helping to promote LCCM at other such recruitment or outreach events.
- LCCM reserves the right to withdraw any scholarship award where any scholar fails to meet the above requirements or where any scholar defers their place, interrupts their studies or withdraw from their course. The decision of LCCM is final.
- Where LCCM withdraws any scholarship for the above reason, LCCM reserves the right to seek payment from the scholar for the remaining balance of fees as per the standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
- All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to LCCM will become the property of LCCM on receipt and will not be returned to you.
- By submitting your Competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
(a) assign to LCCM all of your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights;
in and to your Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You agree that LCCM may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website https://lccm.org.uk/ and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant LCCM a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions and any disputes under them (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this Agreement.
- You may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any of you rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions. LCCM may at any time assign, mortgage, charge, declare a trust over or deal in any manner with any or all of its rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Rights
- These Terms and Conditions do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These Terms and conditions together with LCCM's standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment constitute the entire agreement between LCCM and you. They supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to the LCCM scholarship competition. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions or LCCM's standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment shall exclude or limit any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).The OfS is the new independent regulator for higher education in England and all higher education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019-20 academic year. The OfS will start publishing providers on its Register from July 2018. We have made an application to register and expect a decision by the end of April 2019. Should this timescale change we will provide an update via our website. No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS. Visit www.officeforstudents.org.uk for more information